07 Oct COVID 19 Update
October 7, 2020
Public health officials advised on October 5th, 2020 where people might have been exposed to COVID-19 on our Bus during the time of October 1, 2020 departing 11am from Winnipeg to The Pas Manitoba. Mahihkan Bus Lines is committed to putting our people first and is working to ensure the safety for our passengers and our employees; we want to take a moment to let you know the extraordinary and proactive steps we are taking to ensure your safety.
Our process is as follows:
- Hand sanitizer is located at the entrance of every bus all passengers are required to use when entering bus.
- Your temperature will be taken before departure along with questionnaire that has been provided by public health. (If a fever is detected you will not be able to ride our bus).
- Face Masks are mandatory at all times.
- 1st row directly behind the driver are left open to ensure safety of our driver.
- Social distancing is required when traveling and passengers must leave (2 meters between riders, family members can sit together).
- We are moving to assigned seating (for contact tracing).
- Buses are sanitized using foggers/spray and thoroughly wiped down with an approved chemical for everyone’s safety each and everyday.
Mahihkan Bus Lines would like to encourage our passengers to please follow all guidelines to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 by:
- Checking yourself for any symptoms everyday
- Stay home when sick or feeling sick
- Get tested if you feel you have symptoms of COVID-19
- Wash your hands or use alcohol based hand sanitizer
- Wear your face mask
- Maintain social distancing
- Cover your cough/sneeze
Visit the Manitoba public health website at www.gov.mb.ca/health/coronavirus/.
For health questions or more information on respiratory illness, Manitobans can phone Health Links–Info Santé at 204-788-8200 or 1-888-315-9257 (toll-free).
Also you can visit Media Bulletin website for more information at https://news.gov.mb.ca/news/?archive=&item=46931
Mahihkan Bus Lines